Best Raw Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe
A chocoholics dream with a hint of pink Himalayan salt.
- 150g brazil nuts
- 150g pitted dates (don’t use any too dry ones, try to use Medjool dates)
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 15g (1 tbsp) raw virgin coconut oil (melted)
Chocolate Fudge Filling:
- 500g raw cashew (well soaked, at least 2 hours, ideally overnight)
- 1 pc avocado (no skin 🙂
- 130g date syrup (substitute with dark maple syrup, coconut blossom nectar. Adjust sweetness as you go)
- 3-5g Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 30g cocoa powder
- 100 melted Valhorna chocolate (over 70%)
- 100g organic coconut milk (use the liquid)
- 30g coconut oil (melted)
- 30g cocoa butter (melted)
Chocolate Vegan Mirror Glaze:
- 150g organic coconut cream (don’t use the liquid, use just set cream)
- 55g cocoa powder
- 90g coconut sugar
- 1g agar-agar powder (flakes won’t melt)
- 2g Himalayan sea salt
Put all your “base” ingredients into food processor and blitz & pulse until all sticks together. Don’t overdo otherwise brazil could separate fat and you end up with greasy dough. Press dough all down to 8″ springform (baking paper or cake board matching its size should be on the bottom) and chill.
Melt gently cocoa butter, coconut oil and Valhorna chocolate in one heatproof bowl over bain marie. Meantime, weight precisely all the ingredients from “chocolate filling” list and place them in a powerful food blender (again, powerful, we use Froothie! :). Pour over melted butter and chocolate. Start blending while pushing ingredients down. The final mix should be super smooth. Adjust sweetness to your liking. Pour over base. Wrap in cling film and chill.
Next day, when is your cake set, make chocolate mirror glaze. Use small pot and bring all ingredients to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for a minute or two and pass over a fine sieve to a jug. Pour over unmolded set cake. Sprinkle more Himalayan salt and serve.
Spread the love: