Raw Vegan Blueberry Cake Recipe
A luscious purple dream full of flavour. Filling with a mixture of both fresh and sweet ingredients. Dusted with arctic dried power blueberry powder, accompanied with more blueberries and violets (optional), almost too beautiful to eat. Enjoy my FREE RECIPE of Raw Vegan Blueberry Cake!
For the 6″ round cake, feeds 5-8 people.
- 150g brazil nuts
- 50g white dried mulberries
- 1cm Madagascar vanilla bean (not Indian kind)
- 1/2 tbsp raw virgin coconut oil
- 80g Medjool dates pitted
- 150g fresh wild forest blueberries/bilberries (use frozen if not in season) – Those supermarket ones have white flesh and it won’t give you that colour).
- 250 g cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours, rinsed with cold water.
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp non-GMO granulated lecithin (this magic ingredient will get you the creaminess) (order here)
- 50 ml fruit carob syrup or you can substitute by maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coconut oil, melted (order here)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) cocoa butter, melted (order here)
- 1 tsp psyllium husk (order here)
- 1 tsp baobab superfood powder (order here)
- a little water if necessary
- edible flowers (violet)
- fresh blueberries
- artic blueberry powder (order here)
- small spatula
- baking paper (cut out a 7″ circle and put that on the bottom of your springform, )
- 6″ cake spring form
- cling film
- Food processor/Blender. I recommend powerfull Nutri Ninja Blender Duo
Use a powerful food processor to blend all the ingredients together but do not overwork it otherwise it will become greasy. You will get a sticky crumble. Press crust down to the bottom, make sure you have an even 1cm layer of well-pressed crust. Freeze.
Blend the ingredients together in a POWERFULL blender, scrape side down very often. If you need, add a tablespoon of water. Blend until a smooth paste and no nuts are longer visible. Taste and add more carob fruit syrup if required.
Pour all that filling on top of the crust. Start in the middle and work the way to sides, use a spatula to smooth out the surface neatly. Wrap form in cling film and chill overnight.
Decorate liberally with fresh blueberries, edible flowers and artic blueberry powder.